Arts & Heritage Officer
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term contract, with possible extension.
Full Time: 36 hours
Salary: £21,000, plus Employer pension.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented individual to join our small team as Arts & Heritage Officer to assist our Creative Director to deliver our programme of work and community based activities. The ideal candidate will have experience of working with communities, delivering arts and craft workshops, working with volunteers, setting up exhibitions and experience of project planning.
You will be involved in a multiple programmes of community events, exhibitions and educational activities. Therefore ability to manage multiple projects is key. You will lead and facilitate creative workshops for children and adults and work in partnership with community organisations, and special interest groups as required, to deliver the programme aims.
This role is ideal for a creative individual with some background in the Arts who has the ability to utilise their interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
You will also be familiar with monitoring projects, preparing progress reports and working with freelance artists.
* Ability to facilitate and lead art workshops for children and adults (Non-negotiable).
* Experience of working within an Arts related educational environment, including work with community groups
* Educated to degree level in Fine Arts
* Experience of supporting multiple projects at once
* Excellent communication and planning skills
* Excellent people management skills
* Knowledge of MS Office Suite
* Knowledge of planning exhibitions / project management
Other requirements not mentioned above
Willingness to travel to a variety of locations as required for the role.
It is expected that at least 50% of this role will be working outside of the office within the community and other relevant locations
Closing date for applications is 20 August 2023
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.