Arts & Heritage Intern
Salary: £1,500 per month
Hours: 36 hours per week
We are looking for an Arts and Heritage Intern for a 4 month period
This internship will provide you with the opportunity to get real-world experience working in the arts and heritage sector by allowing you to get involved in a variety of projects. You will work closely with the Arts and Heritage Officer to deliver community focused Arts learning programmes across different age groups. Your passion and commitment for making a difference in the community and a real enthusiasm for the arts, culture and heritage will be evident.
You will be involved in a various community projects, exhibitions and educational activities.
The internship would suit those who have studied Fine Arts or other art related degrees who want to gain valuable experience in how the arts can be used as a tool for engagement, support and development within the community.
The role includes:
- Supporting with office administration
- Assisting the Arts & Heritage Officer/Freelance Artists with workshop delivery.
- Undertaking and collating research work
- Assist with exhibition planning and installation
- Liaising with partners and external suppliers
- Coordinating project promotion and publicity.
- Managing social media and website updates.
- Assisting with project evaluations
- Assisting with writing progress reports
- Sourcing and supporting volunteers
Other requirements not mentioned above
Ability and willingness to travel to a variety of locations as required for the role.
It is expected that at least 50% of this role will be working outside of the office within the community and other relevant locations.
Closing date for applications is March 19, 2023.